Save Money on Razors

Welcome to the comment blog for www.shaveforless.com
Please include your brand of razor, the distribution of hair you shave (ie., beard, mustache, head, legs etc.), your frequency of shaving, if it is relevent and if you wish, your ethnicity, the length of time your razor lasted before and after implementing The Shaveforless Method. Please comment on the quality of your shaving experience, adding as much detail as possible, especially if you had problems with ingrown hairs, razor burn, razor bumps, etc.

50 Comments

1. This is a wonderful idea! Every time I have used the razor it is like using a new blade and the lubricated strip remains like new also! Amazing and so very simple! Thanks for the wonderful idea!!

2. What a great secret. For 3 dollars-WOW. I saved more than that in the first month. I went from about 7 shaves per blade to over 20. This is truly the info Gillette and Schick don’t want you to know about.

3. I was skeptical, but tried your idea and it has proven to be a real money saver!! I used to change my Gillette Fusion every week. I used my Gillette Fusion razor nearly everyday for a month before I had to change blades. I also used this with a disposable Personna razor, when I could not find my regular blades, that lasted for 2 weeks before I had to replace it. This idea easily tripled the life of my disposable razor blades!! Thanks so much for the great idea, well worth the couple of bucks!!!

4. GREAT IDEA!!!! It definitely works… I am going to tell all my friends for sure. Talk about a lot of money saved on buying razors.

5. I cannot believe I have been wasting my money this whole time reloading on razors… Now I have less irritation and saving money, what could be better for only $3!

6. I use the Mach III Gillette razor. It went from lasting 4 weeks to lasting 10 weeks after implementing this secret. Am I happy? Oh yeah!

7. I shave about 4-5 times a week. I use the Gillette Excel Sensor blades. The price of these cartridges have dramatically increased over recent years. In this economy, I need all the breaks that I can get on necessity items. Knowing this simple, effective method increased my razor’s life 300%. I used to change my blade every week, now it’s over 3 weeks, and my blade stays sharp the whole time. This is no gimmick, it simply works. I am a satisfied customer. In summary :  I definitely save money.  It really works. The cost was minimal. I really like the idea!

8. My Schick Quattro Titanium blades would last me four weeks. However, within two weeks I would notice my blades would dull. I am now on my fourth week and my blades are still sharp. Plus I have noticed that my razor bumps have stopped, and the number of ingrown hairs have lessened. I am pleased that the pre-existing razor bumps are in the process of healing. Thank you for the hot tip! I’m loving it!

9. This is amazing – to think that this simple trick will save you hundreds on overpriced razors and only $3 !
    Lets continue to spread the word.

10. WOW!! I used to change my disposable razors every 3 or 4 days. I buy them at the dollar store 10 in a package. Now I change my razor once every 3 or 4 weeks!!!!

11. My razor ended up lasting eight weeks! I stopped using the secret due to travel, and I noticed my blade got dull within a couple of days. My ingrown hairs are totally gone, and the razor bumps are 90% healed. I noticed I used to always get a rash from shaving, and I don’t get a rash any longer. Thanks again for the secret!

12. Great Idea, so simple, I use a Schick Quattro and It would last 4-5 shaves, now I can use it 18-20 times before I replace the blade.

13. I am a bodybuilder and shave my entire body three days a week. I use a Schick twin blade disposable and usually get two weeks use with it. Now, using the “Secret” I get a month’s use with a disposable Schick twin blade.  A month out of a disposable! Thanks to your secret, it has saved me money at the cash register.

14. This is no BS!  I have used the same blade (GILLETTE MACH3) for  three and a half weeks, compared to one a week before.

15. This is Robert from Gamestop. Awesome tip for anyone. I have extremely thick hair and having a tip like this is absolutely a money saver. Thanks.

16. Since purchasing and implementing the Shave For Less “secret”, I’ve enjoyed a substantial and remarkable savings on my razor purchases. I went from changing cheap off brand double blade razors every 3 to 4 days to getting 2 to 3 weeks use before having to toss them.
    Now that I’ve moved up to a store brand equivalent to the Schick 3 blade “disposable” razor, I’m getting up to 6 weeks use with the Shave For Less method.

17. Robyn 41yrs. female
    Razor type: Gillette Fusion Power (men’s razor).
    Before the “secret” I could use my razor about 10 days before it became dull and would continue to use it dull for about 5 days more to get my moneys worth. I love this razor but the replacement blades are expensive! After trying the “secret” I have found that the razor has a much longer life. I can literally go 30 days with the same blade and notice no dulling. It’s amazing how something so basic can make such a difference. Thanks for the “secret” it’s been quite a savings in my pocket, and my legs thank you too.
    Robyn G.

18. My wife made me try the secret. I really didn’t think it would make a difference, but I agreed to try. I’m pretty picky about my razor being sharp, and change my blade weekly if not more. I use the Gillette Fusion Power and the blades are not cheap. The secret worked! I have gotten three times the use out of one blade. Great idea! Shave for less is well worth a few dollars.

Scott

19. Yo uso Gillette Fusion. Yo rasuro mi cabeza tambien. Antes mi rastrillo nomas me duraba una semana. Ahora con este “secreto” me dura tres semanas. Estoy muy contento. Gracias a este secreto, gasto menos dinero!

20. I was skeptical at first, but after the first week I was convinced. Before I only shaved every other day to preserve the life of my blades. But with your suggestion, the life of my Gillette blades has easily tripled and I now shave just almost every day! I haven’t purchased blades in over two months, compared to every two weeks before. Easily worth the $3.00!!!

21. Hey thanks for the great tip! It has been very helpful when it comes to saving some extra cash. I shave with a Gillette Fusion Proglide and went from changing razors once a week to once a month!

22. I am amazed at the results I have gotten. I purchased a 12 pack of Gillette blades in October, and have not purchased any since then, and still have a cartridge with 4 new blades left. I’ve easily saved $60-$80 on replacement blades! Thanks!

23. Remember you cannot tell your friends! 🙂

24. I was very skeptical about this at first, but after giving it a try it actually works. I use the Schick Quattro and would get one week out of it. Now I get a full months use out of one razor.

25. I have been shaving with Mach 3s for the longest time, and would only get a weeks worth out of one blade. Now using this method I have been using the same razor head for over one month. Definitely worth the 3 bucks.

26. Nice! That’s a 600% increase in the life of a disposable!

27. Soooo I finally remembered to stop by and leave a comment.. I’ve been meaning to for forever 🙂 but anyways Shaveforless has saved me Soooo much money… I don’t remember the last time I bought a new razor blade. Thank you soo much for this great helpful tip 🙂

28. Thanks so much for the excellent comment! Can you be more specific by saying more detail like, the type of blade, whether you shave everywhere and everyday, or just your pits daily and legs every 3 or 4 days etc., the brand of blade you use, disposable or cartridge type, etc. Is the I don’t remember part of your comment because it has been a couple of weeks or a couple of months? Other readers would like to know.

29. Are you sure it is a Schick Twin Blade Disposable? I can only find Schick triple blade disposables at my store.

30. I am a mother of a 16 yr old daughter who was going through blades like crazy. One new Venus cartridge every two weeks. I almost started buying disposables for her. With the Shave for Less secret, now she goes about three months with the same cartridge!! She lucked out and I wont have to buy horrible disposables! Thanks Shave for Less!!!

31. Excellent comment! That’s a 600% increase in the life of her razor! Someone her age will save ~ $10,000 over her lifetime. See the math on page 2.

32. I finally tried this, and I’ve been using my same Gilette razor for over 2 weeks now. Thank you so much for this idea! It’s so simple, yet so overlooked..

33. Nice Lauren!
    Our readers would like to know what type of Gillette razor you use, and how long it normally lasts you. Is it a whole disposable razor, or a cartridge refill type?

34. I am a 19 y/o woman of color. This idea is absolutely AMAZING!!! Not only do I have less razor burn, but the itching sensation after I put lotion on after shaving is gone. I don’t have to wait for razor bumps to go down, and can slip on a skirt or dress or even shorts and just go. I feel fresh and clean and I truly do save. All the money I wasted buying so many razors every few weeks, can now be used over time for rent or buying an appliance. I have dark and thick hair, so I have to shave often. This saves me time and money, and most of all saves my Venus razors that I used to go through as if they were my life support. One cartridge used to last me about two weeks, now it lasts me about 3 months, and they stay sharp the whole time and don’t rust! This truly is an AMAZING idea, Thank you SO MUCH! I don’t think I will ever go back.

35. Thanks for the advice. It really works!  I shave every 2-3 days, and I used get about 5 or 6 shaves out of it, and I would have to change my cartridge every 2 weeks. Now I have been using the same razor (Schick Quattro) for almost 4 months. Thanks for the help.

36. I am so surprised that a simple thing saves me so much money!I use a cartridge Mach 3 razor. I have used the same razor cartridge for 6 months now. Yes 6 months not weeks. I will say that in some personal places the past month the razor has been a little dull but still great for legs. I will never be without this again. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

37. WOW….being a former National Champion Cyclist I still shave my legs…. and the only thing that works even remotely well is a bladed razor – forget an electric….they are useless on a forest! I was lucky to get 3 shaves out of the best blade….but, now over a month later and my blade is still going strong and not pulling – how can that be! The blade is still golden……I am sold!

38. I am so amazed at how long my razors last me. I usually use Bic Soleil razors & I used to replace them every week due to my sensitive skin. I now can go as long as 3-4 weeks with your little secret! Plus I have no more razor bumps & I get a flawlessly smooth shave each time. I am I very satisfied with my results!

39. I have used the shave for less method and found that my razor lasts for up to three months verses three uses. Typically I would use my razors dull for a long time, but after three uses  I would have to shave over and over again to get a close shave, where there wouldn’t be spots that I missed. Now my blade lasts months, where it is sharp like those first three uses.

40. lyndseymoreno June 11, 2012 at 7:22 am

I loved this tip my razors lasted me at least 4 months if not more I kinda lost count lol:-D

41. lyndseymoreno June 11, 2012 at 7:22 am

42. I use a Gillete Mach 3 and I shave almost every day. Before I discovered Shave For Less, my razor blades had an effective life of 2 weeks, if that much. Now I can use a single cartridge for 2 months! I’ve also found that using this method, I get a smoother shave and less irritation than ever before. Thank you Shave For Less!

43. I cannot believe how great this works!!! Telling all my friend about this. You are a genius!!!

44. Maria Comfort inn Pomona February 8, 2013 at 10:00 pm

To be honest, I don’t know how to thank you. I would use one new Venus cartridge every week or less. With this secret I don’t remember the last time I went shopping for blades. It must have been about 7-8 months ago. Let me tell you, the rash, ingrown hair, and the irritation after shaving is gone. Also my skin is much smoother. Thank you so much for your secret.

45. What a great concept! I usually use an electric razor for facial hair and save time by cleaning up the edges with a Gillette SensorTrac II. I used to get about 3 weeks out of one disposable head, but now I am easily getting 3 months. I no longer have to deal with razor burn on my neck either (which would often occur at the end of my razor’s life).
    My daughter is just starting to shave her legs, so this will really help out for the long term. Thank you Shaveforless!

46. This idea works great!! My shaver lasted me three times longer than normal! It is awesome. DO IT.

47. This is very helpful. Thank u so very mich

48. robert du métro recommandé je consulter ce site . j’étais inquiet au sujet de la redevance initiale apporter une arnaque mais il valait bien l’argent . quelle bonne idée !

49. Ich liebe diese Idee rly mein Rasiermesser gemacht letzte lange af !!

50. Hello,
    I shave mostly my legs and underarms, about once every other day. I have tried different things like shaving cream and different razors, but I did have a lot of sensitive razor burn afterward. With this idea, it keeps the razor like new and makes the shave much smoother and less irritating. It lasts longer so you don’t have to buy as many razor replacements! Thank you!